I really thought I’d done one of these posts not all that long ago, but I can’t seem to find it! Or maybe I’m just thinking of the random tid-bits I tell you guys every once in a while. Either way, I thought it would be fun to do a list of things you may or may not know about me. But part of this game is to let me know things about you guys too! So, leave a comment and let me know one of your “things” that makes you YOU!
- I’ve been watching Numb3rs on Netflix lately. I don’t watch all the crime shows out there, but I love them! And imagine my joy when I realized I could watch it on my iPad which I could take anywhere in the house!! Let me just tell you, watching a show about crime/problem solving really helps with the boring task of folding laundry.
- Which brings me to my second thing… I’m more than happy to put laundry in and out of the washer and dryer all day long. But folding it?? No thanks. I will purposefully put the finished laundry on the bed thinking, “I’ll HAVE to fold it before we go to sleep tonight!” But just like when I was single, we’ll push it to the bottom of the bed (instead of when I used to push it to the other side of the bed) or pile it on our dressers to leave for another day. This is one of those things where I DEFINITELY wish I had Mrs. Weasley’s abilities with a wand!
- I love the beach. Like REALLY love the beach. There’s something about spending the week in a beach house for a week that welcomes relaxation like nothing else. Just give me a low sitting chair that I can drag to the edge of the water and a good book and I’m set for the day!
- I’m a horrible actress. My dad always told me that I wore my heart on my sleeve and as I got older and would try to hide if I was sad or upset, I realized I failed almost every time. And that’s when I finally understood what he meant!
- Bees terrify me. No really… I’ve been known to run in the other direction when hearing that buzzing sound. The funny thing is that I’ve only been stung twice in my life (that I can remember) and I’m not even allergic!
- We have quite the wildlife in our backyard including several squirrels and 3 or 4 chipmunks. I remember when my dad worked from home and talking about the squirrels in our front yard. Part of me thought it was super lame that he would be watching squirrels so intently, but now? Now I get it :-) Hey, at least I haven’t named them yet!
- When I was little and saw someone do a science fair project on how soda and coffee can turn your teeth darker colors and rot them, I then assumed that drinking enough milk would keep them white. The problem was that I liked chocolate milk WAY more than white milk so I couldn’t ever properly test my theory.
- My favorite flower used to be the gerber daisy. That all changed when I shot Elisha and Cale’s wedding last fall and saw her gorgeous bouquet. It was then that I fell in love with ranunculus!
- My first dance class in 3rd grade was a tap/jazz class. I can still do a mean shuffle-ball-change-scuff-leap-toe. And if you ask nicely, I’ll be sure to demonstrate!
- Some of you out there may find this shocking… but it’s been almost 3 months since I’ve had a Cherry Coke (or any soda)! I get a craving every once in a while and I’m sure I’ll have one at some point, but this may be the longest I’ve ever gone without one (by choice!) :-)
And since every post is better with a picture, I thought it would be fun to share a photo with you of that time it was crazy windy on our wedding day. And in the midst of taking some “model face” pictures, my veil flew right in front of my face… but Ben didn’t miss a beat!
Oh my word! It cracks me up every time I see it!!
I’m sure we had a moment to collect ourselves after that, but this is the very next photo, which I love too. But the one above is hilarious!
Photos by Jana Candler Photography
So, for real… what are some of your “things” that make you YOU?? I’d love to know!