There are SO MANY THINGS I love about Christmas but as I was putting this board together, I realized that most of what I love is the sights and sounds and smells that only come around once a year. And while part of me wishes it was Christmas all the time, it just wouldn’t be quite as special if we always had these things! So, here are just a FEW of my many favorite things about Christmas!
- Christmas Cookies!! I mean really, enough said, right?
- Wrapping gifts. Sometimes I can really get into wrapping presents and I love adding beautifully tied bows and pretty gift tags. I LOVE seeing a theme of gift wrap under a tree, but I’m refraining from going crazy with that until all the paper I currently have is gone. So, until I can have a theme under my tree, I’ll just go with “as pretty as I can make them” until all the paper and tags can coordinate (there’s a bit of OCD in these sentences, but I’m ok with that).
- Starbucks Red Cups. I always get so giddy when the red cups appear at Starbucks!
- Point of Grace: A Christmas Story. Holy cow I love this album. The first time I heard it was when my roommate in college played the cassette tape… and then I made a copy of it and listened to it ALL the time. Sometimes even in the middle of the summer. Luckily I eventually got a CD of it so it’s on my iTunes playing as I write this blog post. *happy girl*
PS – in doing a search for a photo of this album I came across a site that has an UNWRAPPED cassette tape for sale! Hello, 1999, I didn’t know you were still within an arm’s reach!
- Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie. Um… if you haven’t smelled this candle, you MUST find one. I promise you won’t want to leave it in the store once you do. Just as much as this is Christmas in a jar, this candle is actually Christmas baking in a jar!
- Christmas Eve service. I’ve always loved Christmas Eve services, but even more so when it’s downtown in a 150 year old building with all the lights turned down and worshiping with friends and family (if you’d like to come, it will be at 5pm on December 24!).
- Christmas Lights! If we’re home, our Christmas lights are on and there’s either a candle burning (see #5 above) or the Christmas jar is simmering.
What are some of your favorite Christmas things??