I am so glad you're here! This is my little corner where I get to share some of my most favorite images from engagements, weddings, births, my travels and my own little family from time to time. Hang out, look around, and please reach out to say hello!
Many moons ago, my old roommate and I decided that each year we were going to set goals instead of resolutions. Goals just seemed much more attainable and less intimidating than “resolutions” did. We also didn’t take ourselves too seriously with it because we included things like “travel to two new countries” (when I already knew I’d be doing that with my job) and “go on at least one date”. Ha!
I honestly can’t remember how those “goals” turned out, but now that I’m running my own business full time, it’s a little more serious. And what I discovered last year is that I’m reallly bad at setting, keeping up with, and achieving said goals. However, my amazing husband has a really good head on his shoulders and is much less distracted than I am. Which translates into him achieving goals by the end of a year and me looking back wondering what I’d wanted to do in the first place.
So what’s different about this year? Well, for starters, there’s now a big white board in my office that sits across from my desk. Since I’m such a visual person, I knew it would be beneficial if I could SEE my list every single day instead of leaving it in a notebook or inside an app on my phone.
The second thing is that Ben has been adamant that each goal needs action steps. Because if there’s not a plan for each goal, the most that will happen with each one is that I’ll just look at it every day and that would be the extent of it. But if action steps (accompanied by a date to complete it by) are with each one, then the fear of not knowing what to do next – which can be so INCREDIBLY paralyzing! – loses its power.
I’m not yet 100% sure what the action steps will be with some of these, but I’m so thankful that one of my “off-season” projects/goals is actually already finished! Not a bad way to start the new year, huh? :-)
Some of the goals I’m most excited (and still terrified) about are these:
– Book & shoot 25 weddings (And that’s with a newborn coming soon! But I know we can handle it!)
– Book & shoot 3 births (I adore this side of my business and hope to keep growing it this year.)
– Bridal Guide (I actually purchased the template from Katelyn James so the hard work was done by her a while ago…)
– Styled Shoot (This has been on my list for two years now. It’s way past time of just making it happen.)
– Turn up the volume about wanting to shoot weddings internationally (This has also been on our dream list for a couple of years, but it’s something we both really want! So, we’re going to be a little more vocal about it this year!)
– Read 2 business books (In 2013, my goal was to read 5 and I got through 4, which was awesome! But last year I read zero… so with a newborn coming and wanting to ramp up the number of weddings we shoot, I’m going to aim for reading 2 and see how that goes!)
So there we go… now not only are these in my face, but they’re out there for all of the Internet to see. Which means I REALLY have to do get them done, right?? :-)