It seems like fall is the one season where some people just aren’t ready. They’re adamant that fall doesn’t begin until September 21… no ifs ands or buts. However, the other camp (myself included) think fall begins at midnight on September 1. I know that in South Carolina that September 1 can still feel like summer, and 99% of the time it does. However, in my mind, the seasons are divided up by months and September, October and November are fall. And it’s weekends like this past one where I actually feel justified saying so!
The weather was the perfect amount of chilly and we had a rare weekend off so we took full advantage!
- Ben texted me on Friday asking if I wanted to go to Tandem (a crêperie and coffeehouse) and it’s one of those places that he doesn’t even need to ask me about… just tell me we’re going and I’ll just ask what time!
- I usually get the Nutella & banana crêpe but when I saw they had a fall-like one with apples and cinnamon and all things fall, I had to go with that one!
- We wandered through the adorable little town of Travelers Rest and went to get Ben some more coffee beans at Leopard Forest… he gave the bag to Catherine while he paid and she immediately tried to sample it herself ;-)
- We haven’t had cable in a while but thankfully we somehow managed to find the Clemson game online (and not have to sign into anything!) so we watched that while I worked on a couple of projects and Catherine napped. (College football is also a tell-tale sign of fall!)
- And if I thought Saturday’s weather was wonderful, Sunday was even more perfect! There was the most perfect chill in the air and it made me want to grab a thick sweater and a scarf! But I would have been sweating by the time we got out of church so I resisted.
- We put Catherine in the nursery for the first time yesterday… and I only slightly teared up as we left her there. But it was so nice to be able to fully be engaged in the service and the sermon without her sweet self distracting us (especially since the series we’re going through right now is an important one)! So, HUGE thank you to the sweet ladies that loved on her while we were upstairs!
- In looking for the Clemson game on Saturday, Ben mentioned Sling, so I downloaded the 7 day free trial. I don’t know if we’ll keep it, but it did let us watch Fear the Walking Dead last night and since Clemson plays on Thursday night this week, I’ll get to watch that game from our living room too!
- Speaking of Fear The Walking Dead… I never thought I’d say this, but I can’t wait for The Walking Dead to come back in October. Every preview I see for the new season gets me even more pumped (and a little terrified) for it to come back!
I didn’t take my real camera out with us on Saturday, but my iPhone photos of these sweet memories that morning are perfect enough for me! And please take a look at the photo in the top left… she was holding on and looking around with such a serious look on her face! She cracks me up!