I am so glad you're here!  This is my little corner where I get to share some of my most favorite images from engagements, weddings, births, my travels and my own little family from time to time.  Hang out, look around, and please reach out to say hello!


welcome to my

home on the web






April 22, 2013

Monday Musings

Oy!  What a weekend!  I’m not sure what it was about Saturday, but the day after I’m naming as the first day I’ve ever had a wedding hangover!  And it’s not because I drank too much (or anything other than water!) while I was shooting.  In fact, there was no bubbly to be found other than the sparkling juice the bride and groom used to toast with.  But that’s neither here nor there.  Susanna and Andy’s wedding on Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!  And I’m super excited to share their blog post on Thursday.  But leading up to their wedding that day was a little different.  Ben ended up hurting his back Saturday morning while we were working out so he was laid out on the couch and barely able to move.  As I was worried about him and frantically trying to find a dear soul to shoot with me, he said that if I couldn’t find someone, that he was going to go.  Clearly, I have the best husband ever.  But, I think he was also a little delusional from the pain he was in ;-)

Luckily, for both of us, a friend was able to step in and help me Saturday evening and I will be forever grateful for you, Mandy Mayfield!!  You were a gem and my hero for the day!  Ben is (slowly) feeling better and he’s living on Advil and ice packs for a bit, but he’ll make a full recovery I’m sure!

I think all of the stress (good and bad) that came from Saturday gave me a crazy headache on Sunday and just the feeling of being “out of it” couldn’t be shaken!  Do you know that feeling??  It’s like you’re having an out of body experience, except that it lasts all day long.  And Sunday was a long day too… we were both serving at church Sunday morning, which meant we needed to be there an hour before the first service.  Except that I set my alarm for 7:45 instead of 6:45.  So after hitting the snooze button a couple of times and then coming to my senses, I got up at 8:08am when I needed to BE at church at 8:15am.  I made it by, 8:30, but… was still feeling like I was asleep in my bed!

Last night, we we back to church to serve again during the Worship Night we had at our Downtown Campus (I run lights sometimes and Ben helps outside with people crossing the street and keeping an eye on things while the service is going on).  But this time?  I finally woke up.  It was such a powerful time of prayer and worship and even though Ben was outside and I was sitting in the AV booth, God and I had some time together that was GOOD.  I’m so thankful that He continues to reach out to us until we wake up, until we see Him, until we realize He’s been beside us the entire time.

So, here’s to a more awake day and an incredible week!

Until Thursday, I’ll leave you with another sneak peek from Susanna and Andy’s wedding… who doesn’t love a wedding with the groom in uniform????

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *